Friday, 24 November 2017

sound essay- 'if I were a boy'

PEEL paragraph- 'if I were a boy'
Diegetic and non-diegetic sound is used in Beyonce's song 'if I were a boy' to attract the target audience (female, 15-25+, straight, mixed race) this is used in a number of different ways throughout the lyrics and music video.

The lyrics 'Go drink beers with the guys' 'I'd kick it with who I wanted, And i'd never get confronted for it cause they'd stick up for me' This is a Gauntlett theory and within his theory he says 'alpha males who control the action with violence' this is shown because of he's going to drink beers with the guys which is a very manly and alpha males and he could kick with who he wanted and no one would confront him because he has this alpha male characteristics and people would stick up for him.

Secondly, the lyrics 'And chase after girls' and 'cause he's taken you for granted' Is the Laura Mulvey theory and within the Laura Mulvey theory she says 'Erotic objects of desire for males on screen and in the audience' this is shown in this quotation because it is saying how males chase after girls and that males take girls for granted this is showing women are erotic objects for males because its saying how girls are so easily chased and taken for granted.



1 comment:

  1. A great first draft, well done! Targets:
    1) Punctuate 'I' correctly.
    2) Punctuate quotes properly e.g. The lyrics; 'Go drink beers with the guys' 'I'd kick it with who I wanted, And I'd never get confronted for it cause they'd stick up for me,'
    3) Do the same for your second song.

    ReplyDelete